Terms and Conditions
1. RESERVATIONS ARE SUBJECT TO THE FOLLOWING CHARGES:
- Weekly Rental Rate
- Reservation Fee of $125.00 (non-refundable)
- Guest Service Fee of $39.00
- 3.5% Credit Card Processing Fee (waived if paid by check)
- 9% Maine State Sales and Lodging Tax
- Pet Fee of $50/pet (if applicable)
2. RESERVATION TERMS & CONDITIONS: A 50% deposit is required at the time of your reservations. Balance is due and payable 30 days prior to your arrival date. If you pay by credit card, we will keep your credit card on file and automaticall bill the credit card on file 30 days prior to your check-in date. Payment may be made by check, money order, VENMO, or credit card. If making payment by check, please make checks payable to Saco Bay Rentals LLC and mail payment to 11 Sunset Ave, Saco ME 04072. Please note that payments made by credit card are subject to a 3.5% credit card processing fee.
3. MINIMUM AGE 26: Person(s) entering into the rental agreement confirm that they are at least 26 years of age. A copy of a valid driver’s license is required upon confirmation.
4. GUEST SERVICE FEE: Reservations are subject to a Guest Service fee of $39. Saco Bay Rentals carries damage protection insurance that covers theft or damages to the rental unit up to $500 as a result of your inadvertent acts or omissions. You must notify Saco Bay Rentals of any damage or theft to the unit during your occupancy. Damages in excess of $500 may be subject to additional charges.
5. PET FEES: Only select units allow pets and some require pre-approval. Pet friendly properties are subject to pet fees of $50/pet. Any damages to the property in excess of pet fees may be subject to additional charges.
6. PETS PROHIBITED: Many of Saco Bay Rentals properties prohibit pets due to condo association rules or owner allergies. Please see Pet Friendly Properties for a list of properties that allow pets. If pet fees are not an option at check-out, pets are prohibited from the property.
7. NO SMOKING: This is a NON-SMOKING property. No smoking is allowed inside the rental whatsoever. Condo associations also prohibit smoking on balconies.
8. CHECK-IN/OUT: Check-in is at 3:00pm on the day of arrival. Check-out time is 10:00am SHARP on your day of departure. Late departures are not available during peak season.
9. NOISE: Tenants are asked to refrain from loud noise after 8PM. Code enforced neighborhood quiet hours are from 11PM-7AM.
10. FIRES: Unless explicitly allowed in your contract, open fires, including chimeneas or fire pits, are strictly prohibited.
11. KEYS: Upon arrival, TENANTS can go directly to the premises as there is either a keypad or a lock box with a key at the property. Lock box keys are to be kept in the lockbox at all times during the TENANT's stay. Spare keys should be used for coming & going and are to be left in their original spot upon check-out.
12. WHAT TO BRING:
- Kitchens are generally stocked with standard items, including; pots, pans, silverware, dishes, a toaster, and coffee makers (see list of amenities for details). Other items, such as a blender or corkscrew may not be stocked.
- Linen and Towels. Professionally laundered bed sheets, pillowcases, and bath towels can be ordered when placing reservation. Guests can bring their own sheets and towels if they elect not to order linens.
- Pillows, blankets, and bedspreads are supplied in all rentals.
- Soap, trash bags and toilet paper are not supplied. Please bring your own.
- Most cottages and homes have propane gas grills (refer to the list of amenities). Grills are not allowed on condominium balconies.
- Cable TV (or satellite) is standard in all units.
- VCR or DVD Players may or may not be provided. Refer to the list of property amenities.
-Wifi is standard in all units.
-Washer and Dryers are not standard in all units. Refer to the list of property amenities.
-Air Conditioning and heat are not standard in all units. Refer to the list of property amenities.
13. BBQ GRILL: If the property offers a BBQ grill operated by portable propane tanks, guests are responsible for filling or refilling the tanks as needed. We kindly request the tank be left at least half-full at the end of your stay. Propane tank exchanges are located at most convenience stores. Simply detach the tank from the grill and exchange your empty tank for a full tank at the store.
14. CANCELATION POLICY: If TENANT cancels this reservation, full deposits (excluding $125 reservation fee) will be refunded if the dates are re-rented at the same rate. If property can’t be re-rented, no refund will be issued. Monies will be refunded once the new tenants check-in. If reservation is canceled by the OWNER/AGENT for valid reason (ie: fire or sale of property), all monies will be refunded in full. TENANTS will be refunded their deposits (excluding $125 reservation fee) for cancelations due to travel restrictions or illnesses associated with COVID-19.
15. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR CHOICE: It is important to realize that each unit is individually owned and furnished. We do our best to accurately represent the property, but as they do vary from rustic to modern décor, Saco Bay Rentals will not be responsible if you do not like your reserved unit upon arrival . If you want to move to a different unit, you must pay for the second unit. The rent from the first unit cannot be transferred to the second rental. The rent for the first unit will only be returned if it is re-rented to another party.
16. MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY LIMITS TENANT shall not exceed the maximum occupancy (number of overnight guests) for this property. If violation is suspected, tenants are subject to immediate inspection of the premises by owner(s) or agent and Fire Chief. If TENANT exceeds the maximum occupancy, TENANTS and any and all of their guests are subject to immediate removal and forfeiture of their rental payment.
17. CLEANING: There is no daily housekeeping service. The cleaning fees are used to pay cleaners to clean the property before and after the guests stay. Cleaning protocols for COVID-19 include sanitizing all high touch surfaces. Standard cleaning fees include vacuuming, mopping, and sanitizing kitchens and bathrooms. Guests are expected to wash all dishes, take out garbage, and leave the unit neat and tidy in broom swept condition. Trash must be sealed and bagged and placed in the appropriate receptacles. Trash policies at each rental vary and must be adhered to. In the event that the unit is not broom clean, extra cleaning fees may be assessed.
18. STORM POLICY/ROAD CONDITIONS: No refunds will be given for storms. We do not refund due to road conditions (with the exception of road closures), weather conditions or smoke from controlled burns or forest fires. The owners of this home are not responsible for accidents, injuries, or illness that occurs while on the premises. The homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guests. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises others whom they invite to use the property.
19. No events, such as weddings, receptions or other formal gatherings are allowed without prior permission. If allowed, there are associated fees that must be paid in advance.
20. TENANT(S) AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING COVID-19 ADVISORY SAFETY DISCLOSURE AND WILL RE-ATTEST TO THESE FACTS WITHIN 3 DAYS OF RENTAL START DATE:
Due to the continuing spread of the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) across the country, all citizens are being ordered or urged by federal, state, and local governments to take extraordinary precautions to slow the spread including, but not limited to, emergency “Shelter in Place” or “Safer at Home” orders and other social distancing measures (“COVID-19 Precautions”).
I understand that it is not possible to ascertain with certainty whether someone has been exposed to Coronavirus without medical testing and that a person may be carrying the virus even though exhibiting no symptoms. Acknowledging the foregoing I have, nevertheless, decided to enter into a rental agreement with Saco Bay Rentals LLC.
I acknowledge that:
______1. I am responsible for taking all appropriate safety precautions;
______2. I am not relying on Saco Bay Rentals LLC or its representatives (Casey Delaney or Robert Delaney, collectively “Broker”) to take these safety precautions on my behalf;
______3. I am aware of and have reviewed the CDC guidelines accessible at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html; and (d) Broker has recommended that I should consult with an attorney to answer any questions I may have including, but not limited to, the scope and applicability of any COVID-19 Precautions that may apply to a Property and in-person access thereto.
I represent and warrant that, to the best of my knowledge:
______1. I do not now have, and have not had in the last 14 days, any symptoms related to the Coronavirus (e.g., fever, cough, shortness of breath, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell, or other symptoms listed on the CDC website accessible via the above web link);
______2. I have not been in direct contact with anyone that has been diagnosed with Coronavirus; and
______3. I have been following all recommended social distancing guidelines;
______4. I will promptly notify Saco Bay Rentals and will not personally access any Property if there is a change in any of the foregoing. I consent to the disclosure of this information to any Third Party, owner/landlord/existing tenant or person who has permitted access to a property that I have viewed in person.
I acknowledge that, if I choose to rent any property or conduct an in-person viewing of any property from Saco Bay Rentals LLC, I understand I am assuming all risks associated with this decision, including the risk that any person that previously resided/rented the property may (even if exhibiting no signs or symptoms of Coronavirus) be a carrier of Coronavirus. I further acknowledge that I am renting the property on a weekly basis and agree to leave the premises by 10:00 AM on the Rental End Date to allow sufficient time to for the property to be cleaned for next tenants.
LISTING INFORMATION, PRICES, AND AMENITIES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE